A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Recipe Overload

Help! I am drowning in piles of recipes and I can't crawl out from beneath them!!



I have collected more recipes then I will probably ever make. There is just not enough time in a day, week, or life, to make all the recipes I have collected over the years and continue to collect.  I have a hoarding problem when it comes to recipes.  I save them from magazines, newspapers, the Internet.  I can't stop!   Do others do this?  I have tried to weed through them, pulling out the ones I've had so long and never made or the few where my idea of what good food is has changed so they no longer apply to my mindset.  And yet, the folder continues to grow.  It's not that I mind having all these pieces paper it's more about how to organize them.  Nothing I have ever done has helped.  Here they sit in a hanging file folder in the desk which lives in our family room.  


I am reaching out to you.   Any ideas of how to organize them and have them still look super hip?  I need whatever I do to look super hip or in the desk drawer they will stay and I don't want them to live there any more.  Really I don't.  I would love to have them in my kitchen with all my cookbooks (which I also collect like a hoarder.  ahem).  Cookbooks however have spines and the recipes are contained inside and they live on book shelves and are often pretty.  This is what I need for my growing folder of recipes.


What works for you?  Have you come across something on the Internet or in a magazine for organizing "cutout" recipes?  Do you have a system that works for your recipes?

Please help......

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I had a suggestion for you. And I'm hoping you get some good ones because this is my challenge, too. And then because there is such a hoarded pile of recipes and too many cookbooks, I still usually look for recipes online! Without consulting my stash. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, Funny I do the same thing. Even with all the recipes and cookbooks the first place I look is the Internet. This past weekend I made myself use only my cookbook when planning this weeks meals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on how many of your paper recipes can be found online, I love Pinterest for organizing recipes.

    ReplyDelete