A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Day Mom Challenge

OK, so here it is.  I'm going to say it.   Sometimes I'm not such a great mother.  Yikes!  It's true.


I try, but like anyone else I have my days. Days I wish I could start over.  On these days I go to bed at night and say the same thing to myself; Shelley you have to do better tomorrow.


Thankfully this is not everyday but recently it really hit home.


You see, I just returned from my girls only vacation and came home to my three little ones and The Husband.  I was so happy to see them, but then the noise came.  Oh my goodness, the noise.  After 5 days of being with just one other adult, on the beach, in a little cabin, the noise level increased to the point where I thought my brain would burst.


It's been several days and of course things are back to normal.  I barely notice the noise now.  (well maybe just a little.  it's hard to miss!!) 


So anyway, the guilt set in.  The guilt of how the noise level bothered me so much in the short amount of time I had been home, asking myself why I felt this way, what was wrong with me????


When The Husband and I decided to start a family, the one thing I knew without a doubt was that it is my responsibility to be the best mom I can be.  To keep them safe.  To let them know they are loved.  To have patience.  This is my job and I will not allow myself to fail.  


I found something to help me, to give me a boost, and some confidence; the 30 Day Mom Challenge on Pinterest.  Here is a great and fun way to help be a better mom:


30 Day Mom Challenge
 via imom.com


Sadly this is the best image I could get to share here with you.

I am taking on this challenge!  

I'm doing it for them


What fun, right? Why don't you join me on this little adventure?  I'll be sharing my thoughts here as I go through the daily goals.  See you in a few....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Shelley. I just printed it out. I've been having similar feelings lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen, I'v been having a lot of fun with this, thinking up things to do for some of the challenges and it has helped my take a step back, take a deep breath and think before reacting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete