Monday night we had
Quick Cassoulet
from this cookbook
which has become a life saver on Meatless Mondays!
I do not have a picture so here's the recipe:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large carrot (I used 2)
1 cup chopped fennel or celery
1 onion chopped
1 can (16oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (16 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (141/2 oz) stewed tomatoes
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
2 cups cubed french or Italian bread
1 teaspoon melted butter
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Coat 11' x 7" baking dish with nonstick spray. (I used butter)
Warm the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrot, fennel or celery, and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes.
Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Stir in the cannellini beans, kidney beans, tomatoes (with juice), broth, and rosemary. Top with bread cubes. (I added them after the tinfoil was removed)
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and drizzle the butter over the bread cubes. (this is when I added the cubes and poured the butter on them). Bake uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bread is golden. (instead I put the broiler on)
I really enjoyed it as I do ever meatless meal, the kids however (no surprise here) did not. A did a great job trying but the boys barely ate a thing. It was complaint after complaint. I'm just not sure how to get them to try new things and to really see if they do or do not like something. I feel that one bite is not enough to know. I'm at a loss as usual but I will not give up!
In other news, Our Little "Jackie Robinson" received an A on his biography project! Yeah J!!!
C had his last day of preschool on Monday
Tomorrow is the last day of school! We have plans to stay out side as much as possible, swim lessons and just enjoying this time in which we get to just "hang out"!



No comments:
Post a Comment