We had a successful Meatless Monday this week so I thought I would share.
We made:
Mixed Potato Gratin with a Spinach and Strawberry Salad
with a homemade dressing found here (delicious!!!)
No pictures because, well, I just didn't think about it.
I found the recipe here:
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup all -purpose four
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound red potatoes peeled and sliced 1/4 " thick
1 pound Idaho potatoes peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
1/2 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1 tomato chopped
1/2 cup 1 % milk or vegetable broth
Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray ( I used butter)
Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
In a large food storage bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic salt and pepper. (I doubled the flour mixture) Shake to mix. Add the red potatoes and Idaho potatoes . (I added a few potatos at a time) Close the bag and shake to coat. Arrange the potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with the Gruyere or Swiss and tomato. Drizzle the milk or broth over the top. (I used milk) Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 - 25 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. (I needed to cook it about 15 minutes longer before all the potatoes were tender)
This was a very yummy meal and the kids loved it!! And honestly I was thrilled they liked it because as many of you know Meatless Mondays has been a bit of a struggle with my chickadees. J asked me this past week if you could go back to "meat on Mondays" even after he hate his entire plate of Mixed Potato Gratin!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment