A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Did It!


Dear Shelley,

Your final assignments were, once again, very well done!  My comments pertaining to each are as follows:

Culture & Science:   A

It is evident that you appreciate how the Culture and Science activities can pique a child’s interest and inspire them to further explore and discover the world around them. The Culture and Science curriculum is really only limited by our imaginations, and it is always such fun helping the children to explore and discover some of the wonders of our world! You obviously understand the importance of providing an enriched Culture and Science curriculum, and of taking advantage of opportunities to inspire the exploration and appreciation of cultural diversity You provided some unique ideas for extending a child's knowledge with regards to the months of the year, the flags of the world, and the study of birdsChicken Soup with Rice is always a popular book that helps to reinforce the months of the year, and I know the children would be delighted to make their own calendars.  It is clear that you understand that providing enriched and hands-on presentations and activities help to cultivate a love of learning that lasts a lifetime! 


Math:   A 

The Montessori Math curriculum is one of a kind in that it is both accessible and full of practical application.   I am confident that you have a deep understanding of the Math materials and presentations, as well as the ‘how’ and the ‘why’ behind them. You obviously understand that providing children with concrete presentations using the materials leads them to a deeper understanding of the abstract concepts. It is also clear that you appreciate the importance of following each individual child’s development and readiness, as well as the significance of control of error. Well done!


I am so happy to congratulate you on the successful completion of your course, Shelley!  It has been a real pleasure working with you, and I am thrilled to hear that you have found our program to be a positive and enjoyable experience.  You should receive your Diploma within a few weeks time. I wish you all the best with all your future Montessori endeavors!

Kind regards,

Collean

4 comments:

  1. Woot Hoot! Congrats, Shelley! I am so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lil! I am so very excited about the whole thing. Looking forward to having the opportunity to put into use in the future.

    ReplyDelete