A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee
A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Sunday Sweets and Meatless Mondays
This weekend J finally (have I mentioned I'm lazy?) had a birthday party with his closest friends. It was an indoor camp out! The party was a great success and I hope to post pictures as soon as I ask the parents if I can post their boys on my blog. The reason I'm telling you about the party is because there were lots of sweets in the house this weekend. I felt making more sweets was not the best choice after trail mix, Doritos, and chocolate cake. Again, it's that struggle with the balance of healthy foods and an occasional treat. As this has occurred on more than one occasion - remember the girl scout cookies? I've decided to post Sunday Sweets only when we have the opportunity to bake and we haven't had a week or weekend full of sweets.
Now for Meatless Mondays: Last night we had Pizza. Nothing too exciting and nothing new around here. I guess sometimes I'm just too lazy and tired to think of something new. Some times I'm not in the mood to fight with them about eating their dinner, nor do I have the patience to listen to the whining and complaining about whats on their plates. So as with Sunday Sweets I'll be posting about Meatless Mondays only when we cook something different than they are used to.
On another note, the snow from yesterday is gone, the sun is shining , it's going to be in the 50's and I can't wait to go outside!
YAY SPRING!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment