Last night we made:
Black Bean Omelets
From this cookbook.
Have I mentioned how I love this cookbook? Have I also mentioned we have never been disappointed in one recipe from this cookbook? Not even once!
Really delicious. The black beans are pureed in fresh lime juice and hot sauce with a little bit of water. You make an omelet like usual, spread the bean mixture in the center and fold over like a burrito. Have it with fresh avocado and salsa.
Yummy!
We "deconstructed" it for the kids. We gave them an omelet with all the other ingredients placed separately on the plate. We knew if we had given it to them as shown above they never would have eaten it. We did ask them to at least try everything on their plate, which they are always wiling to do. We didn't make lovers of this dish out of them but we are doing our best to introduce new and interesting foods into their diets and hope to create more adventurous eaters.
Fingers crossed!


That is such a clever idea--to use an omelette as a wrap. It could be used in other types of food, too, not just Mexican. Genius! I'm so glad you shared. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, I was thinking the same thing the other day! If you try something that works really well, please share!
ReplyDelete