A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A "Manly" Baby Vest

I've finally had the chance to write a post about the knitting that took place around here during our winter break.  

This is one of my all time favorites so far.

I came across The Pebble on Ravelry.  I immediately fell in love with it. I put it in my queue and have been hoping to have a reason to knit it.  I couldn't wait, so I knit it anyway!  I'll keep it and maybe some day someone I know and love will have a baby boy I can give it to!

It was a super simple knit until I came to the last stitches to complete it.  I need to do a Kitchener stitch to sew the shoulder seam together.  Oh my! Have you ever seen the Kitchener stitch???  It's scary!

Here is a video of it being done.  


Scary, right???
Half way done
Isn't it cute???  It's manly too, wouldn't you say?  

It's almost complete.  Just need to get the courage to do the scary stitch I mean Kitchener stitch and add the buttons.  


Oh the buttons!  I can't wait to make a trip to pick those out.  There are so many cute ones at the craft store.  It will probably be another choice dilemma for me.  I can just see it now, standing there with a pile of super cute buttons and not being able to make a choice.  That's me people.  That's me . . . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lil! I think so too. I just can't wait to make another. I wish I was better at figuring out how to increase the size of a pattern so I can make a toddler size and maybe even one to fit my four year old. The one I made is a larger size than the pattern. I made it using notes from Ravelry. Haven't seen any for a larger size than this so far.

    ReplyDelete