A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I can Breath Again

**Fixed! YAY!


**something is wrong with my profile, not sure whats going on.  Hope to fix it soon.




I've finally completed this component of my Montessori training and am enjoying a bit of a break before I begin the next and final section.  Not much has happened in the past week except for the usual things that occur each day, school, reading, knitting, cooking, baking, and a birthday for my oldest boy.  He's 9!  It's strange each time my kidlets have a birthday, it feels as though they were just born but also as though they have always been here.


We celebrated his birthday together at home except for a quick trip to the store for him to pick out a few gifts.  I would have gone and picked out a bunch of surprises but unfortunately it's done nothing but snow here, school keeps getting canceled and I ran out of time to go shopping ALONE. Luckily I had ordered a Harry Potter Lego set that came in the mail and I must say it's super awesome.  I love it


After shopping we came home and he played with is new toys. The Husband made a cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, which the birthday boy requested.  I made chocolate chip pancakes which is what he wanted when asked what he would like for his birthday dinner.  (The same as last year)  It was a chocolate overload.   I honestly thought Id get sick once I started to eat the cake.  Poor kid didn't even finish his cake.  I think he was feeling the same, which I honestly didn't think was possible. All he ever wants to eat is junk!


My 9 year old boy!  He once was a baby you know.
He's a great kid who is a joy.  He brings a smile to my face with his humor, when he tells me about a book he is reading, or when he spontaneously breaks out in dance.


Happy 9th Birthday J!


As for




We skipped it this week because of the chocolate cake and chocolate chip pancakes on Saturday.


And for Meatless Mondays




This week we made vegetable quesadillas.  Boy were the kids upset.  A actually cried crocodile tears because I put vegetable in them.  J was, well,  pissed and C really didn't care.  He actual likes vegetables most of the time.


Anyway not as successful as regular cheese quesadillas which they love.


The recipe I used is from this cookbook:




No pictures because honestly I was  little pissed myself that they were so upset about some tasty veggies in their quesidiallas.  


I mean really!


I'm glad to be back.  I've missed this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment