A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Making and Messy Making

It began several days ago. . . I took my already cut out and ready for sewing coffee cozies and got to work.  I sewed seven in total, here are the five that needed to be done ASAP.  
I let the kids pick out the fabric for their teachers, bus drivers, and C's speech Therapist.  I did learn during this Merry Making that *I, Shelley, neat, organized, OCD, and on occasion a perfectionist can not sew a straight line.  No matter what trick I tried I could not sew a straight line.  Ugh.  This was one of those times (as time was running out!) that I had to say to myself "It's O.K., It's the thought that counts.  Is anyone really going to look at every stitch you made??"  Oh the doubts that fill my mind at times. 

It truly is the thought, don't you think?  We picked out fabric and thought of what each person would like.  I sewed and the children were thrilled to place the cozies in their bags with another handmade gift.

Here is that other handmade gift, a journal/notebook.  I used Kraft paper, white card stock for the pages inside, this Owl Stamp and sewed the spine.

Viola! A notebook or journal if you prefer.







*Now for the messy making.  

Are you ready for a fright?



My craft space after sewing and folding and stamping.
Oh my!
Really?  You ask?  
Oh yes, really.
Oy Vey

I am now screaming in my head.  Be thankful you can't hear it.
She doesn't seem to mind.

Fear not.  I did clean it last night.  It took a good hour, but it's done as well as the homemade gifts.  However, now that my space is clean I can't wait to go down there and make something new!

Hopefully this time with less of a mess!  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. um, you should see my craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st: Yes, it is the thought that counts. Anyone, would love to get one of your hand-crafted bits!
    2nd: At least you have a craft room and it is in your basement, this way you don't have to walk by the nightmare every waking moment.
    3rd: There better be a coffee cozy for me!!! If not you are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete