Crunchy Egg-Stuffed Pitas
from this cookbook
The name of this recipes sounds gross, I'll admit, but the recipe is your typical egg salad but with some crunchy veggies thrown in, hence the crunch. The crunch comes from red bell peppers, celery, and carrot. It also has some boiled potatoes which is different than any egg salad I've ever had, but I really liked it.
The kids not so much. I know this doesn't sound very appetizing to children but I am trying to broaden their horizons. It's funny they didn't like it much but they also didn't give me the hard time they usually do. A picked all the egg out of it with her fork and ate the pita, J took two bits and gagged on the second. Poor kid. And C did not eat any of it, he wouldn't even try.
Then after dinner A asked me if we could have quesadillas next Meatless Monday. Sigh .....
I'm going to have to do some recipe searching to find some meatless meals that are more kid friendly. Any suggestions??


No comments:
Post a Comment