A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, September 6, 2010

Welcome to . . .


As some of you know, our cooking project for the summer was Cookie Friday.  (If you are interested in knowing why I created Cookie Friday, please read this and you'll completely understand!)

When it was getting close to school starting, I knew there wouldn't be enough time to bake during the week, so I came up with Sunday Sweets

Sunday Sweets is perfect for this time of year because during the cooler months I enjoy staying home on Sundays and making those home cooked comfort foods for dinner and baking something delicious.  So to continue this "project" which the kids really do love, I came up with Sunday Sweets.  

Sunday Sweets can be anything sweet and delicious not just cookies!

The kids not only love cooking, they also acquire many skills while doing so.  If you are interested in learning more about the benefits to having kids in the kitchen, take a look at this.






Again, Welcome to Sunday Sweets and thanks for joining us on this new culinary adventure!


Using this cookbook:

P.S This is my most favorite baking cookbook to date.

We made:
Double Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
These cupcakes are made from scratch and are moist enough to eat without frosting.


Preparing the batter.

Measuring two cups of flour.


The dry ingredients were well mixed.


The batter was poured into the cupcake holders.


The recipe.


All done.


Hmmm which one???









As always, Dee - Lish - Uuuuussss!

2 comments:

  1. You have such cute ideas on your blog! I love the Sunday Sweets idea.

    ReplyDelete