image from The Naked Soul
Anyway, it is one of those days where you feel like being cozy and warm in the house. Maybe read a book, knit, sew something, scrapbook, you know do all those crafty things that are piling up in your creative space?
Do you have piles of "to dos" whether it's for crafts or paperwork, filing, school work, housecleaning etc.? I always do. And my "to do" list never gets completely accomplished. I've tried everything, writing out schedules for myself, finding cool paper to write my lists on (thinking that because the paper is so awesome I'll use it more, look at it more, whatever!), mental notes (by the way, this never works!), and setting goals with myself. For example two summers ago I set a goal to scrapbook every day so I could at least complete C's first year. By this I mean, pictures and journaling from the time he was in the womb to his first birthday and I did that and more! Here it is two summers later and again I am two years behind on scrapbooking the major moments in my kid's lives.
But the lack of time just gets in the way. Why is the day so short? Why do we need to sleep? OK, I know I'm pushing it on that one. But really if we didn't need to sleep every day just think of how much we could get done!!!
How do you get things done? From the important things such as all the paperwork for your kids schools and paying the bills, to finding time to complete the fun projects you want to do? What kind of system do you use? Do you write out lists, use a calendar, use on on-line program, etc?
How do you get everything done? What works best for you?
Well I'm off to stare at my lists and procrastinate what to do first. And contemplate if this post makes any sense.

No comments:
Post a Comment