My books and materials should be here on Monday. Till then I'm going to continue to read as much about Maria Montessori and Montessori programs as I can. So I'm off to read another chapter or two of The Absorbent Mind before lunch. Wish me luck!
A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee
A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee
Saturday, September 11, 2010
A New Adventure
I've been accepted to the North American Montessori Center! (Distance Learning Program)
I am excited, nervous, thankful, and well, a little scared to be honest. I haven't been in school since 1997! But I am ready for the challenge. I know it is going to be years before I step foot in a classroom to teach again, but I am at this place where I need to do something for me and especially for my brain! Although I do crafts and read books, volunteer, play with the kids and create fun things for them to do, it's not the same as having the feeling of being in school. Knowing you are learning a new skill, learning things you never knew before, meeting new people (through phone calls and the Internet in this case), and increasing your chances for future opportunities. And as luck would have it, the company I used to work for has recently acquired Montessori schools. Maybe, just maybe, I'll have a chance to work for them again in one of their Montessori Centers. As my Memere always said "You never know."
My books and materials should be here on Monday. Till then I'm going to continue to read as much about Maria Montessori and Montessori programs as I can. So I'm off to read another chapter or two of The Absorbent Mind before lunch. Wish me luck!
My books and materials should be here on Monday. Till then I'm going to continue to read as much about Maria Montessori and Montessori programs as I can. So I'm off to read another chapter or two of The Absorbent Mind before lunch. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment