A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swim Lessons = Fear

We've had some scares with J in pools, well I guess it's more appropriate to say J has had some scares.  He gets really nervous in large pools!  Several times we've had to jump in and "rescue" him, (even though I am almost positive he could have stood and been above water if he wasn't completely panicking!).  

So I'm so happy to tell you we have signed the kids up for swimming lessons.  We believe this will help with the fear of the water as well as it's obviously important for them to know how to swim!  However, the kids are not so happy about the lessons.  They are scared out of their little minds!! Mostly that the teachers will let them go and they will sink. 

We have to keep reminding them that it is their job to teach you to swim but also to keep you safe.  They are lifeguards for gosh sakes!!!  ITS WHAT THEY DO!  Anyway, the other moms and dads at the pool tell me by the end of their lessons they'll be jumping in by themselves!  Ha!  We'll see.  If you could see their fear you would be skeptical too! 

Well . . . why don't I show you? ::

Do you see the look of absolute fear in her face??

The fear grows!

He can't get to the side fast enough.

I'm pretty sure he is saying to himself "Oh thank goodness, I'm almost there!"  Or "I hate my mother for making me do this."  Either way he's not a happy camper.


and then you have this . . . 

I'm so happy when we come to the pool!

(at least one of them likes the water!)

No comments:

Post a Comment