A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Valentine Paper Bag Srapbooks and Other Treats!


Valentine's Day at our house was a hit!  The kids loved the paper bag scrapbooks I made them.  You can see here were I "stole"/"copied" the idea.

A's I Love You Because . . . . Scrapbook

C's I Love You Because. . . . .

J's I Love you because . . . .


I wrote why I loved them on the inside papers that pull out from the paper bag pockets.

Some pages inside.


Holiday Kisses with rubber stamped tags, to accompany the scrapbooks.  There must be chocolate on Valentines Day!


Heart shaped rice krispie treats.  Oh yeah, they're pink too!


Heart shaped pancakes. 

I have to mention how I was prepared to make pancakes from a box when I took the box out of the pantry and found there was not enough of the "powder" or whatever that stuff is, to make any pancakes.  So I turned to a cookbook to make some from scratch (does anyone use that word anymore?). 

My new standby and favorite cookbook is Martha Stewarts The Original Classics.  In that book I found a recipe for buttermilk pancakes and let me tell you I will never buy boxed pancakes again!  When I took a bite of those pancakes, my head screamed - super delicious!  Believe me people, DELICIOUS. 

So find a reason to make some soon.  You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment