A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh Sweet Delicious Pumpkin Seeds, How I love Thee


If you know me personally, you know I love sweets. Not so surprisingly I found a way to toast pumpkin seeds that will rot your teeth. Leave it to me to take something as healthy as a nice toasted pumpkin seed with a sprinkle of salt and turn it into well, candy. Here is the recipe I found at http://www.allrecipe.com/. I urge you to try it. You will not be disappointed!

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds with Sugar and Spice

1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dry and toasted. Larger seeds may take longer.
In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of white sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and sprinkle the remaining sugar over them. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 45 seconds. Pour seeds into the bowl with the spiced sugar and stir until coated. Allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.


Again, if you know me, can you not hear me singing Dee-lish-us!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. HA! As I logged on to your blog, I am eating pumpkin seeds!! Of course, mine are the healthy version -- you vixen! Save me some because I would love to try yours. singing right back to you deeeee-lish-uuuuus....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jean, you are my biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just figured out that you have a blog too! Yay!! I didn't get to carve pumpkins this year and I'm so bummed because I absolutely love roasted pumpkin seeds!!! Your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lil, Thanks for visiting! The pumpkin seeds were so delicious. You'll have to try it next year. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete