A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, October 19, 2009

Baby Blanket #3


I love to knit baby pieces. I often have no reason to make them since my baby is almost three, but I can't help myself! It is so easy to fall in love with those precious baby blankets, hats and booties. Anyway, there's bound to be a baby coming along soon to spoil with knitted goodness! This is the third baby blanket I have knitted using the same pattern. The pattern is the Encore 8 Hour Afghan and it is so simple. You can complete the blanket quickly and watch your favorite programs while doing it! I like the seed stitch border which keeps it from looking boring. However, I am feeling the need to branch out a bit and try something new. I found this pattern at The Purl Bee http://www.purlbee.com/basket-weave-baby-blanket. Sure it is another simple pattern, nothing too challenging, but it is different. Yet I'm afraid once I knit the basket weave there will be two or three or more just like it. I am such a creature of habit!

Baby Blanket #1

Baby Blanket #2

2 comments:

  1. Well, if you make it a bit bigger you can give one to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Maybe I'll have to try knitting again.

    ReplyDelete