is sometimes the hardest thing to be in the world. Everyday your life and love revolves around those little buggers.
When they are hurt or are ill, the pain can be more then you can take. The fear of it being "bad" intensifies.
Today my C is fine but not after much fear when he complained about pain in his side, and chest pains after running.
What is a mother to think when her child tells her his chest hurts after he runs? That his side hurts under his rib cage? When you watch him pressing and pushing up under his ribs when he knows you're not watching?
The worst, right? Or is it just me?
We saw the Dr. this morning and he is wheezing and has asthma (which he had before but we thought he had outgrown, even the Dr. thought so). He is also full of gas and poop. I'm sure he'll be so happy I told you that!
I know asthma is no picnic but it sure does feel like a relief when your thoughts go to very bad places, such as a problem with his heart or appendix or cancer!
After we left the office I seriously could have done a dance I was so happy it wasn't serious.
Starting tomorrow two puffs of his inhaler before school, and well, I must keep a watchful eye on his, ahem, "movements".
Poor kid, he's going to hate me someday if he ever reads this........
But he sure is cute!
Will he forgive me because I love him and think he is so cute???????
Glad your little guy is okay! The "not knowing" is so scary!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks. And yes so scary!
DeleteIt pays to have it checked out; feeling silly is not the worst thing in the world. One of my college roommates' kiddos *did* have to have his appendix out this week, poor baby.
ReplyDeleteGlad your little guy is on the mend!
Poor kid. Hope he mends quickly.
DeleteGlad it turned out okay. And if this post is the only thing he has to forgive you for, you'll be doing great! ;)
ReplyDeleteToo True!
Delete