These girls of ours are just about 20 weeks old. (in these pictures, I'm guessing they are about 16 weeks?).
Each day I eagerly go to the coop looking for eggs, nothing yet.
Soon I hope.
Left to right; a Speckled Sussex who could be either Butter, Chirps, or Auntie Audrey? (Sadly we have no idea who's who when it comes to the Speckled Sussex's because the three look exactly the same!) Center is Jean Tracy, and right is Fredrick. The Ameraucanas are much more easily distinguishable from their many different colored plumage. Is it called plumage for chickens?
Running away from one of my children.
Curious
Jean Tracy and one of those other three???
Who will win this battle you ask?
The speckled Sussex. Beaker seams to be on the tail end of the pecking order.
They truly are an entertaining bunch.
Is it weird that I love their fluffy butts????
What pretty chickens!
ReplyDeleteThank you we think so too. They are quite unique. Everyone who comes over is fascinated by them. Most people have no idea how many different kinds of chickens there are, as was I was until I started thinking about backyard chickens.
DeleteNot weird at all--it's one of my favorite things. Especially when they all gather together in a huddle. Your "speckles" are beautiful, by the way!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I just wish I knew who was who. I think they deserve a proper name for they will be feeding us fresh eggs soon. I hope!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying your feathered flock! How do the kids like them? Has the novelty worn off?
ReplyDeleteWe love them! I think for the kids they are no big deal any more, as for me I enjoy them except when I have to clean their coop!
Deletegreat pics!! we miss our girls. the eggs, the noises and watching them roam the yard. sigh
ReplyDelete