A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Now He is in Middle School

My oldest is on his way to middle school.  It has been quite the emotional week for me, and for him.  I'm having a hard time with the fact that he will no longer be in the school he's been in for the past 6 years. He will no longer be with his brother and sister, getting on the bus with them, or coming home together.  Now he will get on a different bus, with a different driver, one hour earlier, and arriving home about an hour earlier too.  I never thought I'd be so sad about him leaving his current school but it hit me like a ton of bricks.  So many changes.  

As for him, he'll be fine.  He's a good kid, likable, and feels ready.  Although he did have one day that just about broke my heart.  He called me to his room where he was crying and said he wasn't ready to grow up.  Talk about heart break!  We talked and we both cried.  I couldn't help it! Today, about 4 days later, he is fine, off to lacrosse camp, and spending time with friends.  

Now let get to the fun stuff!  Here's some of the reasons why I haven't been around much lately:


Purchasing just the right clothes for the ceremony.  That's a story for another day!!


Finding a bakery that was willing to put each child's picture on a cupcake for a decent price.  I did, and yes they are edible!  The kids got a kick out of eating their own faces!  HAHA!  Kids....


There's J's.


Creating a gift for all 74 children.  The theme this year was Diary of a (school initials) Kid.  I ordered all the materials and put them together.  (Details for another post, it was quite the project!)


Pictures of all the fun events throughout the year.  I did not put this one together, but I did help with taking pictures this year.


Here's J's Diary of a Wimpy Kid poster.  Each child had one with a different "thing" they were doing, all along the hallways of the school.  See below.



Each child had their picture on a star hanging from the ceiling on the walk to the gymnasium where the ceremony took place.


J walking to receive his "Stepping Forth" Certificate


Proud! Proud! Proud!


More fantastic decorations above and below.


All the decorations where awesome.  Just Awesome.  The 5th grade committee did a fantastic job. I am so proud of my son and proud to be a part of this school and happy I still have two children there.  

Next year A will be Stepping Forth.  C will have four more years there and after that I don't know what I'll do!  I know I will miss it terribly but with each child moving on we'll have new experiences and as parents we'll do all we can to make sure they will be as great as they were these past 6 years.

Bitter sweet to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment