A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Friday, April 5, 2013

They're Here!




The chicks are here!  

I picked them up this morning and they peeped all the way home.  I smiled so much just listening to them, my face hurts!!  Once we got home I gave them their first drink and placed them in the brooder.  Now they're sleeping because it was a traumatic morning for them!  Taken away from all the other chicks and their warm home, thrown into a cardboard box and put in a car! Poor things.  

Man are they are cute!  I've been staring at them for about an hour.

In that hour, I believe I've learned who the leader of the pecking order is.  Man she's a real Bitch!  I almost want to take her out and keep her by herself, but I know this is how it works.  Mother nature will take care of it.  I just hope she doesn't peck another one to death.  She's mean!  I thought I'd have a little more time before we would have to watch them figure out their pecking order but I guess she's ready to tell them who's boss!

More to come....

6 comments:

  1. awwww... welcome little ones! which one is mine? congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dark one in the center. She looks all like, "Don't mess with me!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my daughters chick Fredrick. I know, I know. I did explain she is a female, but that's what she wants to call her. Also, they have the same "Don't mess with me look" when needed.

      Delete
  3. sounds like our moxie. Congrats. let me know if you need anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mercy, what a group! How's it going?

    ReplyDelete