A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, March 18, 2013

Girl Scout Happenings



I can't believe I forgot to share this years Project Linus with you all! (or did I??? I can't remember anything anymore...)  This event is near and dear to my heart.  We're on our fifth year!  Sadly  A and I both missed it for we vomited the entire night before, and were in bed the day of.  Not a good time.  

Thank goodness I know so many wonderful, understanding, generous, and kind people.  The Husband first and foremost took care of everything.  All the calls, questions, delivering of the items, and worked with my co-leaders to get everything set.  I was so thankful and was once again reminded of what a great guy he is.

That being said, we did have another very successful event.  Seventy-eight girls participated and we received over 100 blankets (some girls made two!)



Two weekends ago we had our cookie booth sale at Stop and Shop.  WE SOLD EVERY BOX!  265 boxes! That's $1060 worth of cookies. YAY Girls!  Let me tell you, we have some future sales professionals in our future! 

Our totals for regular cookie sales and booth sales this year are::
Troop sales $5,340
Troop Proceeds $1001

Our goal for this year, and next, is to raise enough money to go on an overnight trip.  We believe we will be able to attend an over night event next year with no additional cost to the families!  If we do as well next year we may even be able to hire a coach bus to take us!  



This past weekend was the Father/Daughter Dance.  Denim and Diamonds was the theme. This is probably one of my favorites.  I, of course am not there, but I love seeing my daughter and my husband get all dressed up and spend some time together.  Just the two of them... sigh....

Tomorrow evening the troop is going to a knitting lesson.  Fingers crossed school isn't cancelled.  We're expecting snow AGAIN.  Ugh....

4 comments:

  1. what good girl scouts you are!!! (I have more cookies of you need them)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--well done to the whole troop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, looking at this picture of A just about makes me cry (tears of happiness!) I am usually at your house the night of the dance, and get to see your pretty little girl and your handsome man all dressed up. I can't believe how mature she looks (and did she let you curl her hair?)She is such a lucky girl to have such a wonderful daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of good stuff! I'd love to hear more about an overnight. I think we'd like to do that eventually. But we're not quite up to your earnings.

    ReplyDelete