A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day







The hardest "first day" ever.  Harder than when J went to Kindergarten, harder than when A went to Kindergarten, just so hard.  I was sad and I cried (after they left) and called my mommy.  I sat on the couch while I had my coffee and thought, "What now??"  It's going to be an adjustment for me that is for sure.  I have not been alone in ten years.  I have had someone to care for during the day for 10 years.  C was my little companion for the last 6 years.  He's always been with me.  And now I am alone and overwhelmed by it all.

We'll see what tomorrow brings......

4 comments:

  1. Ohh...big hugs for the mama. But the spark of mischief in your little guy's eye lets me know that he'll have no trouble at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, didn't know it was the first day of school and the first day of empty nest. That's so hard. And it feels so long the first few days. It'll get shorter and easier eventually . . . .hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad I saw you today. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Soo glad the first week ended well! That 7 hours of being childless is hard I'm sure! I would be excited at first, but them overwhelmed!! I hope your sinus attach is gone so we can go walking!, love ya, Michelle

    ReplyDelete