It's early, so I've chosen not to share, for she has not shared with many herself as of yet. But with a new baby comes many ideas of things to make. Oh the knitting I want to do! I always want to knit baby things and always save baby knitting patterns. However, when I began knitting again my babies were no longer babies and I had no reason to make them. Now I have a reason to knit those baby things and I couldn't be more excited about it!
I'm going to knit a blanket, a hat, a kicking bag, booties, a sweater, soakers and whatever else strikes my fancy. I also need to get this book so I can knit a toy or two. (hint, hint mom, husband??)
I want to wait till she knows if she's having a girl or a boy (around 18 weeks or so) to help with choosing the "right" colors, but I worry I won't have enough time to knit everything! She does like modern colors, many of which I would consider gender neutral so maybe I can start sooner?? Time will only tell with my novice abilities, lack of speed and oh yeah, laziness!!

Start stocking up on those Jo-Ann's coupons! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, indeed!
DeleteWhen I was pregnant and people would ask, "Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?" Sweet Husband would answer, "Of course, we are--how else would Meryl know what to knit?" Congrats on your soon-to-be new little friend!
ReplyDeleteThank you! And that is very true! For me I needed to know just to be prepared. I wasn't knitting then but if I was, it certainly would be part of the reason for finding out!
DeleteI am so proud to have a wonderfull daughter ...you are the best and you are so loved by me....
ReplyDeleteAww Mom. Love you too.
DeleteShelley, that is so wonderful!! I want to know so badly!! Tell me Tell me!!
ReplyDelete