A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Preschool Inspiration

While perusing Pinterest this week I came across some new (to me) Early Childhood/Preschool blogs and sites.  I am now, well, pretty much "in love" with them and they have proven to be an excellent source of inspiration, as I have been feeling stale in the creativity department lately.  These sites are so good I had to share them. (Jamie I was thinking of you because many have Valentine projects in the works!)  


Here are the "newbies":
Tinkerlab
Chocolate Muffin Tree
The Imagination Tree
Childhood 101
Paint on the Ceiling (link is there but I couldn't high-light it for some strange reason.  One of those blogger things I don't get!)

and


Here are some of my "old" favorites:
Pink and Green Mama
Crafty Crow
The Artful Parent
Preschool Daze


Checking out the sites above got me thinking, maybe I could make some of the activities and projects I would use if I were teaching today?  It may be years before I work again but I like the idea of assembling and putting away projects for "someday".  I do have a cabinet that houses all my teaching "things" in our basement, which is mainly books.  I can store the projects in there.  Although, I have been thinking about purchasing a new book shelf to place all my wonderful and inspiring Early Childhood books on.  I would like to get them out of hiding! Seeing them would remind me of the work I have done, miss, and look forward to someday being a part of again. There is some room in our playroom, hmmm.....I could put my new projects in some cute handmade containers on the shelves along with my books!  


But I digress.....


Here is the list of projects I've come across on-line that I would like to make:
(all projects are great for both traditional preschool and Montessori programs)

image from Nicola at Whichname with permission
  • Art Dice from TinkerLab
  • Scavenger Hunt Cards via Saltwater-Kids (although this is not necessarily an ECE blog, I like the activity and will make at least one so when the time comes I'll have a set and will be able to make as many as I need)
  • Shapes and Color Memory Game via dandee designs (again not an ECE blog) but like that these are hand made and easy enough to construct myself!
  • Story Stones via Paint on the Ceiling
this image is copied from pinterest

I think this is a good beginning, but oh all the wonderful things to make.....

If you know of any inspiring Early Childhood blogs/site or projects you would like to share, I would love to hear about them.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, fun. Though don't get me started about Valentines! :)

    So, I have a question--what qualifies as Early Childhood? I think my 6 yo twins have missed that boat, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, yes 6 year olds "qualify" as Early childhood. Early Childhood is birth to 8 years of age. The projects I posted would be great fun for them, they are perfect for their age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, great links, thank you so much! Thanks for the link love, too. The story stones reminded me of something similar I saw at Herban Homestead awhile back. I believe they were number stones, to help with counting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to check these out! I love those story stones--we have a bowl full of nice, big, flat rocks just waiting for me to have an hour or two to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meryl, You're one step ahead of me, I don't yet have the stones for this project. (I do have a few but certainly not enough) I hope you blog them once you get the chance to make them.

    ReplyDelete