A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Break from H. E. Double Hockey Sticks

Well my friends I didn't intend to be away so long but the Monday after Christmas the puking began. First A, then C, then The Husband had a horrific stomach ache and dizziness.  He slept for three days straight. And lastly myself.  I was sick for about 24 hours with what I can only describe as "flu like".  Headache from hell, stomach ache, and muscle soreness.  J was sick before Christmas, he did not puke but had some sickness in his tummy and the "other end". (I'm sure he'll appreciate me writing about that to be out there in the world wide web forever)  Anyway, we are on the mend.  Thank goodness.  


I have to admit I am a bit disappointed that we all had to be sick during Christmas break.  The only week we are all home together.  The kids had sleepovers planned and some other things I wanted to do with them, which thankfully they didn't know about (lessens the sadness).  All had to be canceled.  A huge bummer.  


The Husband also had a list of things to do around the house which I was also excited about getting done. Alas, they too could not be completed. 


Although we were sick and had some disappointed between us all, it was nice to be here together. We all huddled under out blankets in the family room.  We watched the last Harry Potter movie, the children drew pictures and played some card games.  There was a lot of reading. It was peaceful and quiet and most importantly for me, we were here together.  


In the years past we would have several friends over with their children and my mom and her husband would come over too.  We eat and drink, talk and laugh.  It's always been fun even though no one has ever stayed till midnight!  Isn't that funny for a New Years party?   Obviously since we have just recovered from the pukes from hell, we've decided to skip the small gathering for this year.  


I know it's only January 1st, but I already have my fingers crossed and I'm sending out some "no sicky" vibes to the universe and maybe, just maybe, next year will be sick free.  



Friends!







1 comment:

  1. Ugh--no fun at all! Glad it sounds like you all are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete