A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's Going On?

So what's going on you ask?  Why have I not been around?  


I don't know really?  Maybe a combination of things:



  • 9 days without power
  • school starting one week later and less then 24 hours after the power comes back on
  • paperwork and more paperwork for school
  • seven loads of laundry that needed to be done once the power came back on
  • vacuuming (again - power).
  • grocery shopping 
  • meal planning (after eating out of a cooler!!)
  • A had a rough first week (so some stress there)
  • Planning for Brownies begins again.  Field Trips, lots of field trips. (will take suggestions)
  • And no exaggeration, every day there has been some sort of appointment or party.  Honest.

Once these days end I am tired.  So very tired.  I guess that's why I haven't been around lately.  


Anyway, here's what's going on right now??

  • I got my hair done today.  My goal is to go back to my natural color and with all the blond in my hair my hairdresser had to dye my hair dark to get it back to it's natural state.  And it's DARK.  I mean DARK, like Goth dark.  OK maybe not that dark.
  • The kids are doing so well in school and I am loving their teachers this year.  All three teachers are wonderful.  It's such a feeling of relief and joy when your children have great teachers.
  • Been thinking and reminiscing about my old life when I was in child care.  I really do miss it and fantasize often about my "perfect job" .  You know, the one where I get to do what I love and be there for and take care of may family all at the same time.  Fantasy, I know. 
  • Just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
  • Finished my 30 days of eating Vegan.  Still not eating meat but have eaten dairy again.  I just can't live without bread and butter and cheese.  Glorious cheese.  
  • Need to finish up those knitting projects I mentioned before.  Just some sewing and adding of buttons but that would take some energy and a trip two towns over and you all know how lazy I am.
  • Oh yeah, and I am boycotting cleaning my house.  Did I mention how tired I am this month?
  • I guess that's it for now because I have to go and stare at myself in the mirror again.  Yikes!  






1 comment:

  1. Shelley you are so awesome. I love you blog. The end.

    ReplyDelete