A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You Know You're Old When...

your 8 year thinks there were no colored pictures in 1984, that pictures only came in black and white.  Yes this is what she thinks.  I became aware of this the other night when she was taking picture after picture with her DSi, including one of me.  

One of the features on the DSi is the ability to have fun with the pictures; add drawings, word bubbles, different colors, etc.

So she was busy "enhancing" her photos when she asked me if I would like to see the one of me.  Well of course I would!  She shows it to me.  It's black and white and she wrote in the corner of the photo 1984.  I complimented the picture of course, but I just had to ask why she wrote 1984 in the corner? 

"Because in the 80's the pictures where black and white." Duh!

Oh sweet, sweet Jesus, am I that old???????
 

4 comments:

  1. Tee-hee...That would be the 50's, not the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! could you imagine what she thinks of the 50's? Must be the stone age to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 11, 2011

    that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liz. It really is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete