we put out new bird feeders.
The kids each received a bird feeder, a book each about birds, and a huge bag of bird seed from their Nana on Easter Sunday. Oh, and the wrought iron hooks to hang them on! We placed them outside our family room window where we spend most of our time and will have a better chance to observe the birds as they feed. I have also noticed birds seem to like this area of the yard.
We have seen many male and female Cardinals, a few white-breasted Nuthatch (or Tufted Titmouse, my eye site is not so great!), Robins (feeding on the ground) and a Grackle. I have to say I am very surprised we have not seen more birds. I thought by putting out all that food (four feeders!) there would be so many birds I'd be running around the yard screaming as they dive bombed my head! I guess for now I'm safe.
The kids are enjoying them, checking out the windows several times throughout the day and pulling out their new books looking to find more about the birds they are seeing. What a great gift, wouldn't you say? A gift that keeps on giving. No junky toys or candy. Love it!
Bird watching is so much fun! Enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteLove, love watching our bird feeder in the backyard...the cardinals, the bluejays...fun!
ReplyDeleteAw, that's so cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone! We really are having so much fun with this!
ReplyDelete