Today the topic is "Whatever happened to your _____________________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting/crochet project. Whether it be something that you crochet or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.
When I read today's topic I knew immediately what I would talk about today - a baby blanket I knit for Project Linus.
This blanket was knit along with the blankets the girls in my Girl Scout troop made for Project Linus. This was a service project we organized and ran for the past two years. The girls made no-sew fleece blankets but many adults, including myself, made handmade quilts, knitted and/or crocheted blankets.
If you are not familiar with Project Linus, I urge you to take a look projectlinus.org In a nutshell, you make a homemade blanket, donate it to Project Linus, and the blankets got to children who are in the hospital for reasons ranging from illness to abuse. It's a wonderful cause and I am truly happy to have been a part of it these past few years.
As for the blanket above; I often wonder who received it, a boy or a girl, a baby or a toddler? How is the child doing, did the blanket bring comfort to him/her, to the parents?
I hope with all my heart the child is doing well and that this blanket I knit with him or her in mind has brought some comfort in a time of fear, sadness, hope, and hopefully through recovery.

That's so sweet. My little brother was in ICU after he was born, and he got a Project Linus blanket to take home. He really likes it. ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you Shaynie! That is so sweet your brother likes his blanket. I hope the child who receives mine feels the same.
ReplyDelete