A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sunday Sweets a Bit Late

I've had the sickies so I haven't had a chance to post, hence the  late posting of Sunday Sweets.  As for Meatless Monday, it didn't happen for The Husband did not think about it, the kids must have forgot and I was dying on the couch.  I'll be back next Monday with a meatless meal to share.


This past Sunday we made:

Chewy Apple Fruit Bars





Ingredients


2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
2/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
5 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup 2% milk
1 medium apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped


1.  Preheat oven to 350 F.  Butter and flour a 9 x 9 square pan.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and spices. Set aside.
2.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high until fluffy and light.  Add egg and milk, mixing thoroughly.
3.  Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.  Stir in apple, cranberries, and apricots.
4.  Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 23-30 minutes.
5.  Cool before cutting into squares.  

Makes 25ish



Delicious with tea and healthier than your average fruit bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment