A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drawing for Peace (and Quiet)


Remember this post?  Remember I said I'd be back with some of the details of the happening around here the week after Christmas?  Well I guess I got lost in all the other things I wanted to post about and kinda, sorta forgot to show you the drawings the kids made when I took this picture.  Oops.
Using an inspiration piece (a free calendar of birds that came in the mail) the children drew their own versions of a Blue Jay and an Eastern Blue Bird.

made by J
made by J
made by A


J used colored pencils only and A used colored pencils and paint markers.  I was so impressed, but of course I would be I am their mother!  They are pretty good though, wouldn't you agree?  

I hope to keep them interested in drawing and using their sketchbooks (not pictured) which Santa brought for them.   I like to pull out the books and pencils when things start to get a little, shall we say out of control.  It's a perfect activity to help calm the body and mind.  I find it helps to bring some peace and tranquility when the "goings get tough". 

See you tomorrow with my knitting project I promised to show you in the same post mentioned above.   Yikes!  I have to step it up on the promises.




No comments:

Post a Comment