A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation All I Ever Wanted

About 7 years ago my friend Jean and I were chit chatting and thought wouldn't it be fun to go on a girls only vacation?!  So it was decided that is what we would do and make a tradition of it by going every year.  The first trip was 2005 and at the time I only had J and A.  C was to come the next year.  I was unable to go on the trip in 2006 for I was as big as a bus and the baby would soon be here.  But since then, we have gone every year.  And I honestly love this time.  We go to Maine and lay on the beach for as many days as we can while we are there.  We take one day during this week to go shopping at the used book stores which I look forward to with so much enthusiasm some might find it quite strange.  What can I say, I love books as much as I love notebooks, scrapbooking crafts and maybe my children!  Just kidding about the latter.



BOOKS!



Much reading takes place.  I read 3 books while there.



This is me under the umbrella after turning a wonderful shade of brown. (notice the ear buds?  I can't find a comfortable place for those things!   Maybe I have small ears or something?)



Some knitting took place while sitting on the beach.



A celebratory beer while sitting in the sun.



This is "turtle boy".  We don't know who he is but how could anyone lay this way?????



Our first trip we went to a market to get something to eat for dinner.  We decided on bread and cheese, olives and fruit and cashews or whatever we could find and of course a bottle of wine.  This has become our traditional dinner and we have it the first and last night we are there.



Here's Jean enjoying a glass of wine.



This is the cabin we stay in.



The view from our cabin window.



This is one of my favorite places.  I go here often to sit and think.  Look at the scenery, read and write in my journal.



The used book store we go to where each and every year I come home with treasures!



Inside the book store where Jean is so very happy!!!



Another used book store we go to.  (I don't like it as much but do find a book or two)



The market we buy our traditional dinner from.

So that's that!  I'm already looking forward to next year!  

Have you ever gone on a vacation with a good friend sans kids?  Did/do you have fun or do you worry about what's going on at home??  I have to admit it's a little bit of both for me.

  

3 comments:

  1. This friend Jean sounds wonderful! Hehehe. I had such a great time. You captured my feelings perfectly. Till next year my dear kindred spirit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was relaxed just by reading this. ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had such a fun & relaxing time!!! I love your dinner spread...

    ReplyDelete