Thankfully we are back on and back to The Great Outdoor Challenge which was well, honestly, not so great the past couple of days. The kids did nothing but fight, and argue, and fight, and well you get the picture.
Sometimes things just don't go as planned and I have come to realize that this is OK. It was time for us to move on indoors, take a relaxing bath and do something quiet. It worked. They calmed down and the day went more smoothly.
We managed to get outdoors yesterday and there was more of this :
But overall a better day. I made a decision to leave the camera inside. I wanted to just enjoy the beautiful weather and the kids had also started posing for me, "Mommy take my picture." "Mommy take my picture doing this." "Mommy look, take my picture." "Mommy take a picture of me doing this for your blog." You get the picture.
Their play was more spontaneous yesterday. They made up games, climbed, did the monkey bars, laid in the grass, chased butterflies, noticed different bugs, took markers and paper outside to drawn and used heavy stones to hold their paper down once they realized they were tired of chasing it all over the yard each time a gust of wind sent it sailing.
The Great Outdoors Challenge ends in April but we have lots of plans to continue going outside as much as possible. We plan to hike one day in May with friends. The kids and I have begun some plans to letterbox. We have been reading this book and visiting this site to help us get prepared. We found there are quite a few hidden in the next town over. Also in May when it gets even warmer we will begin to get our hands dirty in our garden.
We had a set back these last few days and I am confident there will be more days like them but I am also confident they will have great fun outdoors all season long!


No comments:
Post a Comment