A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, February 22, 2010

Inspired

I am greatly inspired by the blogs I read each and every day.  What I have learned from the many woman out there who tell their stories daily, has changed my life in many ways.   More ways then I can explain here in one post. 

But for today I would like to share with you how this book (written by Amanda Soule blogger extraordinaire) : :


inspired me to shut the T.V. off, play way less video games, and be more creative during our winter break from school.

Amanda (if you have not visited Amanda's blog yet, you should! It is THE blog!  The blog that has inspired me the most) writes how to set up an art/creative activity, to get everything ready and in its place while the children are otherwise busy.  I decided to set things up the night before while they were sleeping.  This way, there is no waiting, no decisions to be made other then to participate or not.  I was immediately drawn to this idea.  The kids would definitely want to do this!  

 
Here is what our week looked like : :

Monday - water color paintings


Tuesday - drawing with slick stixs




Wednesday - clay creations

Thursday - drawing with oil crayons

Friday - making salt dough creations

It was a success! Our mornings were quiet and peaceful and productive. We sat at the table (or floor) while we created art, we talked and made our plans for the day together. And I was asked each morning while I still lay in bed "What have you put out for us this morning mommy?" Their excitement helped to get me up and moving. (I like to sleep, what can I say.) and I plan to continue our morning art session each Saturday morning.

3 comments:

  1. SouleMama is my favorite blog also. She is so inspiring. Looks like you and your little ones had an excellent Feb. break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lil, Yes we had a great week. We also went for a walk on the rails to trails the day it we had the snow storm. It was so peaceful and beautiful. We called it "The Snow Walk"

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, I've always wanted to walk the "rails to trails" - I hear it's very pretty. Snowy walks are the best!

    ReplyDelete