A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Friday, December 4, 2009

A Visit From Santa





Santa visited last night on a decked out fire truck.  We do this every year and it is always a surprise for the children.  So last night we decided to tell them we were going outside to look at the moon and stars.  Which we have never done before, they were so excited! The fire department always calls when they are on their way so I knew they would be here in a minute or two.  As we were looking up at the stars, we could hear the truck coming up the hill.  I said "I think I see something coming up the road."  J looks over the stone wall and says at the top of his lungs "You tricked us!" 

Santa came down the driveway and greeted the kids by name!  He brought them over to the truck and we took pictures and the firefighters even offered to take some family shots for us.

He handed out their presents and then showed them the front of the truck where Rudolf is pulling the truck and a train is running along the front bumper.  Awesome stuff! 

We had a nice time and as you can see by the pictures so did the kids.  Check out A laying down in the truck.  I'm guessing she was comfortable?  How about C?  I thought he was going to be nervous or scared of Santa but he wasn't at all.  I could tell he was enjoying himself even if he wasn't smiling.  And J was having a ball and being a ham for the camera.

Oh by the way, I think Santa likes me.  If you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment