Two weeks ago I had my monthly Daisy (Girl Scout) meeting with A. The girls created paper bag scrapbooks. I put together little kits which consisted of one paper bag scrapbook, patterned papers cut to size, matching embellishments, and a glue stick for all 16 girls! They were super cute and I wish now that I had taken some pictures of them. My co-leaders and I gave the girls a quick lesson on how to use the papers and embellishments to create the scrapbooks and asked that each girl bring one picture. We showed them how to crop a picture and to use the paper and emellishemnts to enhance their photos. We discussed "journaling' or telling the story behind the pictures. I believe the girls had a great time and felt proud of their creations. Each girl received a fun patch to put on their Daisy tunics.
Fun Patch
Below are pictures of A's scrapbook:
Front Cover
inside
more of the inside
Picture A chose for her book (At Aunt Bree's Bridal Shower)
Of course I wanted to have some fun too! Here are a few shots of the scrapbook I made.
Notice how I used the "pocket" of the bag to place a notecard for journaling.
Mother's Day Celebration at A's preschool
I will share here a tutorial on how to make a paper bag scrapbook soon. They are super easy to make but I've come to find a few things that make them even easier.
love it
ReplyDeleteShelley,
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can have a tutorial in the basement with some delicious wine and good friends? I would be there!
I'm going to use this for my Daisy troop--it's great! :)
ReplyDelete